Estee Lauder Day Wear BB Cream Review

I managed to bag a 5ml sample from Latest in Beauty for a whopping Β£1.50!
I adore their double wear maximum coverage foundation (see review here) so was excited to give this a whirl.

Thickish formula when dispersed, easy to buff into the skin and felt very light on. It was actually a really good colour match too (I used 01 Light). The smell is just divine, a light fresh plant smell. Wish I could think of what it reminded me off. I seriously keep opening the lid to have a good sniff!
It is unfortunately just not enough coverage for my skin at the moment. I still needed lot’s of concealer and my red rashy cheeks shone through. I will keep this sample and give it another go near summer when my skin is usually a bit better (here’s hoping). The wear was pretty impressive, I applied around 12pm and when I went to wash it off at 6pm (full of cold and NEEDED my makeup off!) it was still pretty much intact, this was after setting it with powder.
I think this would be a great product if you had goodish skin and was looking for a bit more coverage than a tinted moisturiser.
Have you tried this?

Share:

10 Comments

1. 21st February 2012 / 10:03 pm

cucumber! I like this but its expensive x

• 22nd February 2012 / 9:22 am

Just love the smell! Will have to try it again nearer summer but then it might end up being too light for me then. Hmm x

2. 22nd February 2012 / 12:31 pm

Where did you get the sample from? I am practically out of my Clinique foundation and thinking of giving something else a trial. I only really use it under my eyes and to cover a couple of areas which have brown spots.

3. 24th February 2012 / 3:19 pm

It's cucumber – all the EsteΓ© Lauder Day Wear stuff smells the same (unfortunately for me as it's a smell I detest!)
    πŸ˜‰

4. 24th February 2012 / 4:33 pm

Oh no that's a bummer πŸ™ I just looked at your blog, will have to try out some of your recipes! They look really yummy! x

5. Anonymous
    3rd March 2012 / 7:15 pm

does it ship from latestinbeauty.com to the USA

6. Anonymous
    2nd September 2012 / 5:18 pm

When wearing this it can make your skin feel like it's being nourished. Perhaps it's the anti-oxidant effect working and also it leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth and glowy. The downside is the limited colour shade as the medium colour can come across as too dark. It also wears off quickly as i managed to only get 4 hours of wear from this!

However i did find it will stay on longer with a primer underneath and also if the medium shade comes up too dark, then a brightening colour corrector primer can also help to make the medium shade appear slightly lighter than what it normally is.

I've also heard that mac strobe cream can be mixed in with foundations/creams to lift foundation colours alittle.

Overall its not a bad cream because theres alot worse out there!