Feel Unique: February’s Edition

Feb’s box, I apologise now as it may get a bit ranty…

F

I received this in the September’s Glossy Box. Wasn’t too bothered with it then but may try it again. There is a 2nd box which has this oil with shimmer in and I would have much preferred to have received that!
Elemis – Lime and Ginger Body Wash (100ml) £18.40 for 300ml
The smell  of this reminds me of something I have used before. I am not in love with the smell and I can’t detect any lime or ginger. There is only so much excitement you can get with a body wash especially since we have received quite a few over the last 2 months.
I squeezed a tiny bit of the product on my hand, it comes out very silvery which I wasn’t expecting and when rubbed turns to something that looks like the bits you get when you use a rubber, most odd. This sounds like an interesting product and one that I am looking forward to try!
Leighton Denny – Nail Polish (4.6ml) £12 for 12ml
Another Leighton Denny polish and another colour I am not keen on. This is Diamond Diva, I’m sure someone else would like it…
Philip Kingsley – Elasticizer (40ml) £22.30 for 150ml
I received this in a Glossy Box. Had there not been another Feel Unique box floating around with the Maximiser in it I wouldn’t have been so utterly pissed off that I received this yet again. I found it such a faff to use that I swapped it. Not happy.
Jean Paul Gaultier – Kokorico (1ml) 45.90 for 100ml
Not that keen on the smell, bit too musky for me. But if you like that kind of smell then it’s quite an affordable perfume really!
This is the extra Feel Unique always add.
Feel Unique were never the ‘wow that’s amazing’ box but they are or should I say were consistent with the products, great sized samples and are always on time! I’m not quite sure why they have gone down the Glossy Box route of sending out different varieties of boxes. I know it’s not a huge difference in products and they are the same brands but it has pissed me off, probably more than it should do to be honest but I think receiving 3 of the same Glossy boxes has added to my disappointment.
Just to be clear I am not annoyed at receiving products I have previously had as it seems like a given when you sub to many companies, I just wish everyone got the same box which would avoid sad faces like mine right now…
Does anyone else feel the same or am I being an ungrateful cow??
Share:

18 Comments

1. 6th February 2012 / 1:27 pm

i will id got the gold shimmer oil instead of the plain one too.x

2. 6th February 2012 / 1:29 pm

Still waiting on my box to arrive, has been pending for days. Got a dispatch email today though. I agree, think all the boxes should be the same x

Just started my own blog,
    poochytails.blogspot.com

• 6th February 2012 / 1:39 pm

I only had the dispatch email today so maybe your's will turn up. Have you already had your post?

Will have a look at your blog 🙂

3. 6th February 2012 / 2:04 pm

Yeah the post has already been 🙁 Ahh thank you x

4. 6th February 2012 / 3:00 pm

This is the first time feel unique have done two different variations.. its kinda something Im slightly dissapointed in as that was one of the main reasons I liked feel unique… everyone always got the same. Saying that though, I wont mind which box i get this month. I never got the glossybox with the elasticizer in and I have just started using the dry oil that I did get from the glossybox so it will be nice to have a back up. You are right though, its annoying when you get the same brands/products in the different beauty subsriptions.. they just do the rounds I think!

• 6th February 2012 / 3:05 pm

They had 2 different boxes last month with different brands for the cleanser. I've come to expect to see the same products now, just annoyed as I would've liked to try the maximiser x

5. 6th February 2012 / 4:43 pm

ha! OMG i must comment on the declear peeling cream In the U.S a "rubber" is a condom so to read "when rubbed turns to something that looks like the bits you get when you use a rubber, most odd. " was hilarious when I read in the office- I had to take a second read.

Sorry to hear this one was a bummer–i was getting alot of doubles and heavy face creams that I cant use. I have a giant box in my office of samples I have yet to get to because some I cannot use–those I end up having to giveaway!

• 6th February 2012 / 4:54 pm

PMSL! I should have put eraser haha! It's not so much the fact I got repeat products but that there was another box with products I would have preferred. Oh well I am a bit over it now. I think I need to cull some boxes!

6. 6th February 2012 / 5:37 pm

I wish they'd deliver here in Ireland! After the last GlossyBox debacle I'd be happy to subscribe to FeelUnique (and a girl can never receive enough beauty boxes can she?!)

• 6th February 2012 / 5:44 pm

What was the Glossy Box debacle? I'm starting to feel a bit guilty for having so many!

7. 6th February 2012 / 5:37 pm

FU have had the elastisiser in before too in their first box, lazy lazy lazy!!

8. 6th February 2012 / 6:50 pm

I like my box (and got a swap arranged to get maximiser for the elasticiser (as I got this in glossybox) x

• 6th February 2012 / 8:23 pm

I am sulking as I didn't get the Maximiser! I am looking forward to trying the Decleor tho! x

9. 11th February 2012 / 6:09 pm

The Decleor sounds interesting. I've managed to avoid subbing to any beauty boxes so far as I've got far too many samples and other stuff to work my way through as it is!!
    x