French Jolie Box: 1st Birthday June 2012

There is a Facebook page called ‘Be a Beauty Correspondent’  where you can team up with someone from say France and swap beauty boxes. I met the lovely Chris and arranged a swap of Jolie Box for me and Glossy Box for her. I have been waiting patiently since April!

The lovely Chris sent me a beautiful card (how cute is it?) and wow a massive bundle of samples to try – luckily I had stashed away some for her too!

So in the box we have the Jolie and a Grazia mag, Grazia is my favourite magazine ever! I do wish I remember more of what I learnt of French at school so I could actually read it!
First on the list is Clarins After Sun Moisturiser – love Clarins and looking forward trying this, that is if the sun comes out enough to warrant and after sun!
Rene Furterer Carthame Hair Mask  – Never heard of the brand and love a hair mask so this will be great to try. It has a lovely light scent to it too.
L’Occitane Hand Cream Pivoine Flora – I already own a mini (and these are mini) L’Occitane hand cream and know that they are a lovely product! This one has a gorgeous rose scent.
Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in 210 Ethereal – I like Rimmel nail varnishes and think they are really good value for money but have already had this colour and didn’t really like it which is a shame.
 Also in the box is a nail file (can’t have too many of them) and a heart shaped candle – no smell but cute!
A lovely box but worthy of a 1st anniversary box? I’ll leave that up to you…
And a massive thank you to the lovely Chris for arranging the swap! xx

1. 20th June 2012 / 12:05 am

wow…so beautiful:) Luv the card so many stuffs to try out…:)) wowwwww

I am still waiting for mine to arrive

• 21st June 2012 / 2:46 pm

You still waiting for the UK box? They were shipped today so fingers crossed you'll get it soon πŸ™‚ x

2. 20th June 2012 / 12:19 am

Do you think its expecting too much for more higher end products especially for special editions boxes, I can never decide but haven't particularly been dazzled by any of the birthday boxes of late, but the french edition looks good better then the British one for this month.

• 21st June 2012 / 2:51 pm

The GB birthday box was terrible! I do like the look of the UK JB box though.
      For me really it's not so much the brands but the product and whether it's easily available to say pick up in boots! I like trying brands I haven't heard of or didn't want to splash the cash in case they were rubbish as I have done that far too many times haha!
      I'm not sure how easy it is for the French to get Rimmel but I probably wouldn't be too impressed if it was in the UK box – especially that colour!

3. 20th June 2012 / 5:55 am

I would have expected it all to be brands you can't easily get over here. x

• 21st June 2012 / 2:51 pm

I'm not sure how easy it is for the French to get Rimmel though? x

4. 20th June 2012 / 11:35 am

That's a great idea – I still think that the overseas boxes are far better than uk ones. I've unsub from all of them atm… But might try this now. Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚ xx

5. 21st June 2012 / 2:53 pm

The overseas boxes always do look better! Grass is always greener haha x

6. 21st June 2012 / 5:48 pm

Love your blog.
    I'm a BNB ( brand new blogger) and could really do with some feedback ( positive or negative), so if any of your lovely readers could head over to and give me a little look I would really appreciate it.
    Love, Pins. X