I found this recipe on Mumsnet last year sometime but have adapted it a little bit. Very easy and it makes enough for 6 people - I store portions in the freezer for lazy days!
Tin of chopped tomotoes
Tin of chickpeas
400mls chicken stock
100g fresh spinach
1 medium onion finely chopped
Half a pepper chopped (any colour)
100g Chorizo (the cured sausage kind) peeled, sliced and halved
2 cloves of garlic crushed - more for garlic fiends!
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
Splash of red wine vinegar
Tablespoon of tomato puree
You can of course easily make this a veggie dish by using veg stock and omitting the chorizo or as Sugarpuffish just mentioned, use a veggie sausage :)
1. Saute onion, garlic and pepper for a few minutes - don't add too much oil as the chorizo will add quite a bit.
- Add the Chorizo and cook for a few more minutes
2. Add chopped tomatoes, stock, red wine vinegar, tom puree, bouquet garni, both paprika's and seasoning
- Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for around 30 minutes
4. Add the spinach, cover and cook for 5 minutes
- Uncover and stir in spinach
I think this is best served with rice, Enjoy!